Today...
People have
died
Christians
have been Martyred

Approximately 153,792 People Will Die Today
(468 of them will be Christian Martyrs)
The counter to the side is ticking off the number of people who have died since you opened this webpage. Jesus the Christ commanded his followers to share the Gospel with those who are perishing (Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 15:7) ... who do you know that you can share the Good News with today?

Click here for free Evangelism resources.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Who are the Lost?

When I think of someone being lost I have an image of someone wondering in the woods trying to get back home. Being lost almost implies or at least begs the idea that at some point in time the person who is lost was at a home. When we as disciples of Jesus the Christ speak of a person as being lost the first thought to mind should be that was ME. We must understand how bad of a situation it is for anyone "Lost". So let me review some of the basics

  • I am Human
  • Humans are unique among Gods creation
  • As His creation He can do with me what He desires and that is perfectly right
  • As a Human I have some form of spiritual image of God in trusted upon me
  • When I do wrong it damages and distance me from that Perfect image
  • When Adam and Eve sinned they changed all of nature
  • Sin brought death immediately into the world (God clothed both with animal skin)
  • I am born a sinner. I sin because I have a sin nature. I am not sinner because I sin.
  • If nothing changes that nature when I die I rightfully go to the Lake of Fire
  • Only God can provide the change to the sin nature
  • Jesus the Christ is provided as the only one way
  • Jesus spoke of and demonstrated the price the only one way
  • There must be a death to self
We are in danger at times to forget how God sees us as "Lost"
  • Children of wrath
  • Blind
  • Deaf
  • Foolish
  • Dead
  • Yet he loved us

I heard it best phrased. The lost should be viewed like P.O.W.'s, Prisoners of War. They are captives and are imprisoned in chains. Worst, they are blind so that they can not see their situation. They are deaf so that can not hear your cries. They think they are wise believe themselves to be god. So, how can you reach them? Unless God open their eyes, heart or mind you can do nothing. Even what you do when you "witness" to them. It is not your actions that changes one from lost to saved, but it is God who provides the very faith which turns the heart told God. Doing so God gets all the glory and we witness the miracle. Yes, miracles happen every day! For every day when someone is awaken to eternal life it is a miracle.

The Bible makes it clear that it is God who enables us to even believe. Many have asked me "If God does the saving, then I don't have to witness to anyone." That is true if you want to be disobedient to God. God tells us as believers to get baptize. Now, most of Christendom rightly understands that the act of baptistism does not save anyone. We do it out of obedience. The same is for witnessing. In 1 Peter 3:15 tells us to always be ready to give the reason for our hope lovenly. I will say this much, that was you do read Gods word daily; as you share the good news with others; and especially when you are in joyful fellowship with other believers then you find yourself growing more in holiness and more and more into the image of Christ.

So, if you are a disciple of Jesus the Christ are you ready to share the great news with others? If not ask for help. A great tool is the"Way of the Master" found at http://www.wayofthemaster.com/

Why Only One Way? Because all things belong to God and simply put it He makes the rules!

No comments:

 
Click on Picture for a short yet important message (you should pause the music first)
Click to watch

Click to watch